The most common problems of electric vehicle batteries
The following are common battery problems sorted out by experienced maintenance workers in the industry, hurry up and have a look!
Question 1: What is the reason why the newly bought electric vehicle does not run far?
1. Motor. This is the first reason that comes to mind. High consumption of current, such as motor demagnetization.
2. Controller. For example, the parameters drift after a period of time usage.
3. The problem of mechanical resistance. Such as insufficient tire air pressure, bearings, brakes and so on.
4. The charger is insufficiently charging.
5. The problem of the battery itself and the temperature difference.
6. Circuit. The circuit problem is a soft fault. There is no problem with each component, but resistance is generated in the connection. Where there is resistance, there is voltage dividing, and the greater the current, the greater the voltage dividing. This problem is very common, and it’s the main reasons for not running far.
Question 2: The circuit problem causes the resistance to be large, what's the reason?
1. The connection plug of the controller and the battery, and the connection plug of of the controller and the motor: the good connectors are gold-plated and silver-plated, the general ones are copper or copper-plated, and the poor ones are iron. Over time, it will oxidize and produce contact resistance. When a large current passes through, it will heat up, and it will burn to black in severe cases.
2. Fuse. Bad contact, loose clamping and unsolid pressing.
3. The electric lock switch connected to the main circuit.
4. Cold solder joint of over-partition welding.
5. The battery connection wire is too thin, or it is not a copper wire, and the wire length is not enough either.
6. Wrong wire connection. For example, the thin red wire of the controller is connected to the battery.
7. The output port or contact of the battery box is in poor contact.
Question 3: The motor is powerless and consumes a lot of electricity, and it does not run far. What is the reason?
1. If your electric vehicle motor always feels unable to run, it is probably because the motor controller is aging, which causes the output power to be too small, causing the motor to be weak.
2. Another case of electric vehicle motor weakness is the demagnetization of the magnetic steel, which makes the motor lack of sufficient driving torque, and the current is greatly increased, causing serious power consumption.
3. The short circuit or serious leakage of the coil causes the electric energy to be converted into a large amount of heat energy, and the temperature rises rapidly, which makes the performance of the motor seriously degraded, and also causes the motor to be weak or even damage the motor.
Question 4: Why is the battery becoming hot?
If you feel that the battery is always hot when your electric vehicle is charging, it may be due to the high voltage of the charger. If the charger voltage is too high, the vulcanization of the battery plate will accelerate, which will cause the electrolysis of the water (generating H2 and O2) in the later stage of the charging, the internal pressure of the battery will increase, and the leakage of H2 and O2 will cause the loss of water. When too much water is lost, thermal runaway occurs inside the battery. The danger is that the battery may swell. If the plate breaks and sparks, it will explode if ignited by H2 and O2.
Question 5: What is the reason why the charger does not turn green?
Is there a situation where the light does not turn green no matter how your charger is charging?
The reasons why the charger does not turn on the lights are roughly as follows:
1. The battery loses too much water.
2. The high voltage of the charger will cause the current to rise instead of falling, leading to severe heating and forming a vicious circle. The charger is always in the high voltage stage and does not turn on the green light.
3. Adding liquid containing iron, manganese, copper and other impurities to the battery will cause serious self-discharge of the battery, causing the charging current to rise instead of falling, and the light will also not turn to green.
4. There is a slight short circuit inside the battery.
5. The current of light turning of charger, which will cause the battery with a slight fault to not turn to the green light.
Question 6: Why does temperature affect battery usage
Air temperature also has a greater impact on the battery. When the ambient temperature is higher than 40°C or lower than -10°C, the battery life will be shortened. Therefore, when the temperature is low in winter, the capacity drops by 1% every time the temperature drops by 1 degree. Electric vehicle batteries should be stored indoors and charged indoors.
Question 7: What causes the spontaneous combustion of electric vehicles?
1. In the later stage of battery charging, a large amount of H2 and O2 are generated, which will burn and explode when encountering an open flame.
2. Poor line insulation, leakage, and short circuit, causing the wire to burn, and then the entire vehicle burns.
3. The safety device is invalid or replaced with iron or copper wire.
Question 8. What are the precautions for battery filling liquid?
1. The liquid inside the battery is not conductive. If the added liquid contains impurities (iron, manganese, copper, etc.), the battery will be seriously self-discharged and the battery will be scrapped in advance.
2. If you plan to add water and liquid to the electric bicycle yourself, the added liquid must be deionized water (or double distilled water).
Question 9: Is the battery repair reliable?
1. After the battery is used for a period of time, lead sulfate crystals will be produced on the electrode plate, which will vulcanize (and passivate) the battery electrode plate and decrease the charging and discharging capacity (it means cannot be charged or discharged).
2. The repair instrument can output high-energy electrical pulses, forming a "bombardment" effect on the sulfide on the battery plate. (An analogy: ultrasonic stone crusher)
3. Bulging, deformation, air leakage, open circuit, short circuit, softening, powder removal cannot be repaired.
Question 10: What is the reason why electric vehicles are getting worse as they are repaired?
1. Please go to a professional repair station to repair the vehicle.
2. Electric vehicles are the product of science and technology, and their circuits are relatively complex. All kinds of advanced and professional testing instruments must be used to conduct comprehensive, systematic and scientific testing of electric vehicles in order to find out where the problem lies.